Searching...
Thursday, December 5, 2013

In Response To Liebster Award Nomination

liebester award 2013, bloggers awards, best blogs, sandeep verma, poem blogs, best poetry blogs

It has been almost three months since I last posted on this blog of mine. And no, it has not been because of negligence, but my work has kept me real tied-up, therefore, giving almost no time to pen down my personal thoughts. However, I would like to admit that I was also short on motivation to write here, as I have not really come across anything substantial in the last three months to have a hard thought about... Although there were couple of things that I could have... but decided to skip.. for reasons best known to me :-)

So, yesterday night I get this comment on one of my posts by a fellow blogger Rupesh Malik who runs this cool blog http://actionwanted.wordpress.com that said that he has nominated me for the first Liebster Blog Award on his domain (really appreciate that mate). After all, not many take the pain of trying to connect and show other blogs on their platform... such is the mentality of the most advanced species i.e. humans, of earth!

Here are the rules of the awards (Info gathered by Rupesh Malik):

- Link back the nominator of the award (why not show some love back as well!)
- Nominate 10 more bloggers (except the nominator) and inform them
- Answer the questions asked by the nominator
- Ask 10 questions from those you nominated
- Add the award image to your site

Rupesh wanted me to answer few questions (below), which I have tried to answer as seriously as I could... but if you don't like, don't blame me... am not great at doing all these things :-)

Q. What is the primary focus of your blog?
A. There is nothing primary on this blog of mine. For me, this platform is to pen down the things that I see in my daily life. It could be a pup playing on the streets, to a beggar asking for money on the roads... I might get fascinated by a car to write about ( oh you must read this piece HERE on cars.... am sure you would like it). I have used few abstract paintings (which I painted when I have been completely sloshed and close to Nirvana)  to support some of my articles, which best describe my emotions about words and their value within me.

Q.2 What is the story behind your blog’s name?
A. MySocialCanvas says it all by itself, doesn't it? Anyhow, the idea was to depict my way of seeing things that I come across in life. I don;t try to be judgmental, but just give my best in figuring out the real essence of a particular situation. Somewhere, it says about me... somewhere it hides all about me! It's complicated- this blog lol!

Q.3 What accomplishments are you most proud of?
A. Being from a small town and having studied in Hindi medium schools, I literally had no idea about the basics of communication- both- written and oral (I still make zillions of mistakes in my writing- but improving with every passing day). However, I have overcome the problem to some extent with continuous reading, writing and being shameless in committing mistakes while talking to anyone be it in person or over the phone or chat. 

So I guess, I have done a bit here and there to be proud of few things :-)
Q.4 What inspires you to write?
A. Loneliness!

Q.5 Three things you want to do before you die?
A. Be in a live in relation, Write at least one book (I am incredibly slow on my first one- been trying since two years), and of course buy a house from my own money for my Mum. 

Q.6 Five random facts that most people don’t know about you?
A. Now we don't want to disclose what has been best kept secrets till date... do we?

Q.7 One thing that annoys you the most?
A. Insomnia :P

Q.8 Anything that you would like to change about yourself?
A. I wish I was more expressive in life. There are people who often take me to be this rude brat, however, once they know me, almost all of them say- arre nahi yaar tu toh bilkul bhi arrogant ya rude nahi hai! 

Q.9 An awesome moment that you can never forget?
A. My first ever gift to my parents with my first ever salary. It was their marriage anniversary and my visit home was a surprise one. I took them out for dinner and paid the bill .. has to be the best moment of my life that I could do something (albeit a small thing as it was).

Q.10 What is the most insane thing that you have ever done in your life till date?
A. Yet to reach there!

So, here I am, sharing what I could!

Best,

Sandeep Verma

1 comments:

 
Back to top!